11 October 2009

SECURING A LOCATION : WHERE DO YOU CAMP?

securing a location. where do you camp?

So, about Girls Camp. My friend, from Arizona, camped @ Camp Lo Mia outside of Payson Arizona. A beehive today could go to the same girls camp where her mother and her grandmother also camped as Young Women (and maybe even read her grandmother's name graffiti'd into the cabin wall—not that I'm advocating graffiti.) Pretty deep history. Can you imagine their traditions?!

In my growing-up-stake, it wasn't so much the place that was traditional, it was our SONGS. And stolen bras being hoisted up the flagpole each morning. Poor Sister B and her 40-triple-E. Although it did make a nice crisp popping sound in the breeze.

So two questions for today:

1. Where did you camp?

2. What were some of your treasured traditions?

3. Fave camp song: ___________________________________

4 comments:

  1. i wish wish wish i could have gone to girls camp when i was a kid.
    --jeanie johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also went to Camp LoMia. It was a wonderful experience. But what made it to great was the leaders. Sis. Irene Call, Sis. Doeis Dixon and Sis. Norma Charlson poured ther hearts and souls into the program. 'Anyone else out there who went to camp under these leaders? I have been a ward and stake camp leader in recent years. My favorite camp song was Pearly Shells. The second verse is about Camp LoMia. I also can say that I love, love, love camp!

    Peggy Parkes
    Taylor, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy! You'd think I could at least spell her name right? My apologies to Sis "Doris" Dixon.

    Peggy Parkes
    Taylor, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i miss these days! i LOVE camp loMia!:) unfortunately i moved this year so i didnt go this summer.:/

    ReplyDelete